So, I went on the mysterious interview mentioned 3 posts ago…
The position of CLASS case manager sounds great:
- Use government funds (up to $63,000 per year per person) to support a person living in their home/with a relative rather than being institutionalized (group home, etc.)
- Arrange therapy, home modifications, activities, etc.
- Do quarterly visits to their home
- Complete lots of paperwork
- Create my own schedule, as long as I get all the work done; paperwork could even be done from home.
The interview was great, too. Angela, the director of the CLASS dept. was really nice and we related in alot of areas. She told me she was very interested in hiring me.
The only question is the salary. Basically, the salary starts at less than I currently make. Angela noticed this, and said she was going to request from the director to match my current salary. So, taking the job would not include a raise. Although, it is a hourly pay set-up, so there is potential for overtime…. which I don’t have here.
Now I am left with deciding:
|Do I want to change jobs for more flexiblity, but more driving?||or||Should I stick around here, close to home, and make it work?|
Arguments on each side
What do you think?
Please comment with insight, perspective, or messages from God.