I think this has been our most tasty, healthy eating week ever…
Joel decided to eat a vegan diet after his visit to the ER only 4 days after the 3rd anniversary of his heart attack… when he learned he now has diabetes. I am very supportive of this, since I heard Dr Fuhrman discuss curing diabetes this way a long time ago.
So most of our meals are vegan or vegetarian now.
Here’s what we ate…
- Monday: Zucchini spaghetti and salad.
- Tuesday: Fresh Tomato Lentil Soup, oyster crackers, green beans. Smoothies for dessert.
- Soup from The Greatest Ever Vegetarian Cookbook”… totally lives up to it’s name!
- Wednesday: Veggie fajitas (zucchini, yellow squash, mushroom) with homemade guacamole, tortilla chips, and Smoky Black Bean Soup.
- Thursday: Homemade pizza & broccoli. Joel’s gone on Thursday evenings, so we had cheese.
- Friday: Baked falafel, homemade pita, hummus, and Greek salad.
- We did not have Greek dressing, so I googled it. Very easy recipe.
- Saturday: 15-min Vegetarian chili, corn on the cob, and rice.
- Sunday: Acorn squash with mushroom & sage, green beans, and leftovers.
- Fresh Tomato Lentil Soup
- Butternut Squash soup with Sherried Pumpkin Seeds
- Smokey Black Bean Soup mixed with Spanish rice