I actually feel like I have some progress to report!
After my last update, the Christmas holiday took us home to Texas for 10 days… And several great things resulted from that break:
- I really missed my Maine life, and was able to appreciate some specific things in contrast with my former Houston life.
- I got a fresh start on routines & was no longer stuck in the rut I entered while adjusting to our move.
Returning just as Arabella was starting school put me in a great position to set a new routine.
So today is Week 2, Day 1 of my new priorities in action.
- Spiritual & Physical Health
- Ministry to the women of our church
I think my goals from my last update have been tweaked or expanded:
- Goal 1:
Consistent exercise!Getting healthy! Cardio 5x weekly, Strength 3x weekly, 96 oz water/day.
Week 1 (1/8-1/14):
- Cardio 30 min x 4 days
- Strength exercises 2 days
- Water 3 days at 96 oz!
Goal 2: Find something to volunteer to help with at the kids school.I’m postponing this until Arabella adjusts.
- New Goal 2: Create a healthier home environment – regarding both meals & leisure time.
- Goal 3: Begin spending time getting to know the hearts of women in my
- Goal 4: Create another income source and/or cut down our food budget by shopping more intentionally.
~ Trying out Once A Month cooking this month to help us eat out less.
- New Goal 5: Get consistent with bible study.
~ With all this productivity, I’m finding the easiest thing to skip is my personal bible study. Need to remedy this…
After all these months of scheduleless non-productivity, it’s refreshing to have a plan.
But I was reading this blog tonight, and I was reminded what a life redesign really represents the opportunity for:
It’s a perfect opportunity to be right here, right now, and see who The Lord is!