I tried out Once A Month cooking using Once A Month Meals Traditional Menu – January 2014.
- It has been really nice to have food to take out of the freezer for dinner.
- Most of the meals have been really tasty.
- The calculations on both the shopping list & the recipes were not 100% accurate. Probably 80%… but when you are cooking for 8-10 hrs, 20% can be very frustrating.
- The biggest deal has been portions for eating – meals that had me put one recipe in 4 gallon bags only have fed 3-4 people. So I should have realized when it said “10 servings” on the recipe, I should put it in 2 gallon bags – only getting 2 dinners, not 4 out of it.
- The most confusing part was that they had me cook a certain # of lbs of each meat ahead of time, but it was portioned in recipes in cups… So it didn’t spread out quite right. Luckily, I had frozen precooked chicken in my freezer…
Overall, I think the method is good… I think the recipes & variety are great!
I’ll probably try it one more time to see how it goes.